Company name: Athens Security Services Ltd Trading as ‘A S Parking.
Registered address: Unit 1a Newquay Road, St Columb Road, St Columb, Cornwall, TR9 6PZ
Company Registration No: 06379383
Correspondence address: PO Box 520, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 9BU
Data Protection Officer contact details: email@example.com
Phone Number: 0330 333 8427
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Athens Security Services Ltd trading as ‘A S Parking’ (hereafter referred to as ‘A S Parking’ is the data controller (contact details above). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Entry into any of the car parks managed by A S Parking (hereafter referred to as our car parks) may result in your personal data being obtained, retained and processed. The data processed may include, the vehicle registration number, time / date and movements of the vehicle and occupants; plus and images / video of the vehicle and occupants.
A S Parking complies with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
The purpose of the processing of data is to ensure compliance obligations under the contract entered into when you entered and remained on our car parks and for the legitimate purpose of pursuing the driver and/or any other party who may become liable for payment of any fees.
Our lawful basis for processing data is:
- The processing is necessary for a contract which has been entered into
- There is a legitimate interest as detailed below
- To pursue driver / keeper / hirer for unpaid parking charges
- To ensure safety and security and help deter/detect crimes
Where there is a Parking Charge Notice for which payment is outstanding, we may request personal details of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the DVLA and other third parties (for example the registered keeper or hire companies where applicable) who may possess information which could assist in resolving any dispute. This comes under (but not limited to) section 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
Where your data is obtained it will be retained for up to 6 years after a parking charge has been paid. Where there is an unpaid fee, the data will be held for sufficient time to enable the fee to be settled, by you or another person and resolve any dispute. However, your data will not normally be held for longer than 6 years in such circumstances. In some circumstances, your data may be held for longer than 6 years. Examples of when we may hold your data for longer are;
- When there is an ongoing dispute which requires us to hold the data for longer than normal
- Where a court order has been made allowing us to pursue outstanding money after the expiration of 6 years
Your personal data may be shared with third parties. This may include, Trade Associations, Independent Appeals Service Providers, Debt Recovery Companies, Solicitors, County Courts and bailiffs to pursue any outstanding debts.
If you decide to challenge a parking charge notice and we reject your challenge, then we will provide your data The Independent Appeals Service in order to allow you to contest the charge with an independent adjudicator.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which A S Parking holds about you
- The right to request that A S Parking corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for A S Parking to retain such data
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, where applicable
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (ensure you provide proof of identification when emailing) if:
- You object to your personal details being processed, or
- You believe we hold the incorrect details for you and would like us to rectify the data we hold, or
- You would like us to delete the data we hold for you, or
- You would like to restrict how we process your data, or
- If you entered into a contract with us and would like a copy of the data we hold about you in a format which can easily be transferred to another provider
Please note that you have the right to request the above, however, when we receive your requests we may object to your request if we do not agree with it. However, if you do make the request we will tell you if the request has been granted or not.
All about cookies
We may obtain information about your computer & how you use our website and online services by using ‘cookies’.
Cookies enable us to:
- Give you a better online experience
- Protect your security
- Measure and improve our service
We may set the following types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies – necessary in order for you to use a feature
- Functionality cookies – records your preferences, allowing us to remember these for next time you visit
- Performance cookies – help us monitor usage to help us improve our products and services
These cookies may be ‘session’ or ‘persistent’.
- Session cookies – not stored on your hard drive and only remain active until you close your browser
- Persistent cookies – stored on your hard drive and remain active until they expire or you delete them manually
Cookies may be set by us (known as ‘first party’ cookies) or, where necessary, by third party companies (known as ‘third party’ cookies).
The examples below are cookies that may be set via this website:
- PHPSESSID, csrf_cookie_name
Purpose: Validating the user is a human on the contact form
Type: Functionality, First Party
- utma, utmb, utmc, utmt, utmz
Purpose: Google Analytics tracking code to enable us to monitor statistical usage data
Type: Performance, Third Party
Purpose: Google Adwords tracking code to enable us to log volume of ‘click to call’ conversions from search engine adverts
Type: Performance, Third Party
Purpose: HelpOnClick cookie to facilitate live chat functionality
Type: Strictly Necessary, Third Party
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact A S Parking by emailing email@example.com, or by post to A S Parking, PO Box 520, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 9BU.
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner and/or the DVLA as follows:
ICO: Helpline 0303 123 1113 / www.ico.gov.uk/complaints
DVLA: Release of INFORMATION, PAYING Enquiries Section, DVLA, Swansea SA99 1AJ – 0300 790 682